Well, they\’ve made their grand entrance into the world. And as my husband so eloquently put it – they are pure joy. Real happiness.
I believe this will be the single most powerful blog I have ever had the privilege to post, as our lives will be forever changed… And yet, I cannot find words that are euphoric enough to explain what I\’m feeling. So please just allow me to introduce the newest additions to the Webster family.
This is Faythe Nicole Webster, born March 16, 2011 at 10:37 am:
My C-section was over fairly quickly and for the first time in my life, I got a glance at the two beautiful babes I had only seen through ultrasound images up to this point. Then, they were whisked away to the Neonatal unit and I was sent to recovery. Both babes had swallowed a lot of blood during the delivery and I had lost even more. With Clay and our doula, Sonya Duffee by my side, several hours passed. Those hours turned into 2 days where I required 2 lifesaving blood transfusions to get my hemoglobin back to normal parameters. I was unable to visit my babies during this time, let alone hold them, because I was too weak to get out of bed.
But finally as things started to improve, Clay was able to wheel me down to Neonatal in a wheelchair so together, we could start the bonding process of our new family. As I look at the pictures over the past week, I barely recognize myself. I am swollen, weak and but a shadow of myself in some of them. But none of that matters, because I can now call myself a Mommy.
• Thank-you to our family and friends and the hundreds of people who have contacted us in the last little while with your kind words and congratulation wishes.
• Thank-you to the complete stranger who held my hand at the Emergency registration desk, while I waited for Clay to park the car. I will never know your name but your kindness in that terrifying moment of my life will never be forgotten.
• Thank-you to all the doctors and nurses who took care of me in the last week and especially to the nurses in the Neonatal unit for your continued round-the-clock care of our children.
• Thank-you to Sonya Duffee for all your wisdom, kindness and support to both Clay and I.
• Thank-you to my sister, Nicole, for everything you did to help us in the last few days.
• And thank-you most of all, to my husband for your unwavering love, strength and support in such a critical moment in time. I so look forward to the next phase of our lives as parents.