With the sad passing of Jacs Electric Spark in June, his legend lives on as he is now inducted as one of the prestigious National Reining Horse Association (NRHA) Million Dollar Sires. At the Southwest Reining Horse Association Futurity in Ardmore, Okla., on Saturday, Oct. 20, Electric Jac (owned by Turnabout Farm Inc.), Shock Star Groupie (owned by Mary Sellers), Smart Sparklin Chic (owned by Carri Visser) and Electric Sparks (owned by Kim De Windt) collectively won $10,100 to push Jacs Electric Spark’s unofficial Offspring Earnings over $1,000,000.
Owned by NRHA Professional Troy Heikes, Jacs Electric Spark was shown by Heikes during the sire’s show career to earn a total of $86,000 NRHA LTE. “Sally (Brown), Buck (Hazledine), Andrea and I have dreamt of this day since he was a baby. To experience the journey and now the accomplishment of this special horse is a dream come true,” Heikes said, expressing his joy for the achievement.
Jacs Electric Spark was sired by NRHA Three Million Dollar Sire and NRHA Hall of Fame Inductee Shining Spark and was out of Miss Hello Hollywood by NRHA’s very first Million Dollar Sire and NRHA Hall of Fame Inductee Hollywood Jac 86. Some of Jacs Electric Spark’s notable accomplishments were:
- • 2001 Kansas Reining Horse Association Sunflower Slide Futurity Level 4 Open Champion
- • 2001 NRHA Futurity Level 4 Open division finalist
- • 2002, 2003, 2004 NRHA Derby Level 4 Open division finalist
- • 2002, 2003, 2004 National Reining Breeders Classic Derby Level 4 Open division finalist
- • 2003 and 2004 Canadian Reining Breeders Classic Derby Level 4 Open division third place