Today\’s post is short and sweet and dedicated to my Mom. Because it was she who has fully believed in me from the very beginning. My mom was the one gave me the courage to fly towards a vocation with horses. She has been by my side countless numbers of times for a hug, a shoulder to cry on and a kind, inspiring word. Without my mom, I would have never had the courage to try.
I\’m sure y\’all have some amazing mothers too, so if you tell me about them, I promise I\’ll have a pretty cool prize package for you at the end of this blog.
But in the meantime, here are a few other things I\’m totally digging at the moment:
• Incubators were life-saving necessities for my premature babies, but for newborns without access, there’s Embrace. For 1% of the cost of a standard incubator, it’s already saved over 50,000 babies from hypothermia. Embrace is currently running a Mother’s Day campaign — make a donation in honor of your mom and save another mom’s new baby.
• Chardon-neigh? Caber-neigh? With a Horse\’s Glass in hand, you\’re sure to be a hit at the next barn party, horse show, or the wine o\’ clock with your fellow horse lover.
• Maple Apple Bacon Waffles. A perfect Mother\’s Day recipe. Let me reiterate – Maple. Apple. Bacon. Waffles. Need I say more?
• From visits to senior homes to the children of Sandy Hook Elementary School, the horses of Gentle Carousel bring their love to where it is needed most.
• It may be better than any other grooming tool on the market for removing heavy winter coats. SleekEZ is a perfectly, unique Mother\’s Day present for the lady who prefers horse equipment over flowers.
• I\’m totally swooning over these adorable photos of Princess Z – Zenyatta\’s first filly.
• Guns N Roses \”Sweet Child O\’ Mine\” retooled as 1920 New Orleans Jazz.
• Lunch Punches make food seriously fun. I\’ve even been known to make a cute sandwich for myself here and there.
• Carla Webb of Abbotsford, B.C., was sworn in as Police Constable 1777 and walked Vancouver’s city beat for 13 years. Now fronting her Empowered Through Horses program, Webb helps young girls deal with serious issues ranging from bullies, to low self-confidence and a myriad of troubles in between. Webb may be one of Canada\’s best kept secrets – and the kind of woman you want your daughter to meet.
• Ride, travel, dance in beautiful boots designed with hidden pockets for your cell phone, passport and more. Elizabeth Anne Shoes was recently on Dragon\’s Den and I am excited to see the outcome!
• Odysseo. We will be going to this amazing production for the second time this month. With Imax screens and an abundance of equine talent, this is an event you don\’t want to miss!
And speaking of Odysseo…. I have 2 tickets to give away to the event in Calgary, to one lucky winner. Simply enter into the comments below, a note about how your Mom helped you pursue your horse dreams. Or if you are a \”horsey\” Mom yourself, perhaps you want to tell us what gift you\’d love to receive for Mother\’s Day! Either way, we will be doing a random drawing of all the comments submitted near the end of the week. Good luck!