Breeding the Fastest Horse, an industry seminar to be hosted by the Quarter Horse Racing Industry Development Program (QHRIDP) has been rescheduled to Saturday, November 26th at the Ajax Convention Centre.
“The Program has received very positive feedback on the seminar agenda and the guest speakers who will be presenting,” said Program Coordinator Sandy Anthony. “We are very pleased to have as a speaker Dan Lucas, the leading Quarter Horse breeder in North America.” The date and location of the seminar has been changed in order to maximize attendance, both from breeders within the Quarter Horse racing industry and from breeders new to, or curious about, breeding for the Quarter Horse programs.
Seminar will be held at: Ajax Convention Centre
550 Beck Cres Ajax, ON L1Z 1C9
Date: Saturday, November 26th, 2011
10:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
Topics will include:
· Planned breeding, herd improvement and crosses that work for racing;
· Herd management practices to improve conception and increase the chances of full-term pregnancy;
· Factors affecting fertility and early conception in the broodmare;
· Herd management practices to improve the chance of full-term pregnancy
· Marketing stallions
· Breeding racehorses for the Ontario racing programs.
The Quarter Horse Racing Industry Development Program is administered by the Ontario Racing Commission. For information on other initiatives supported by the Program, please visit the Quarter Horse section of the Ontario Racing Commission website at www.ontarioracingcommission.ca
A full agenda for the seminar is available upon request. Registration for the seminar is required. The cost to attend is $39.00. To register please contact: