BY GUEST BLOGGER DEANNA BECKLEY
Jesse showed the last of his three horses on Sunday – Ten Reasons. He was really looking forward to showing Ten – he\’s been really good all year and is fun to show.
There are so many reasons to love Ten.
1. He\’s a cute little bugger.
2. He may be little but he sure is mighty. He has a huge heart and a whole lot of try.
3. He\’s dependable. He\’s the same in the warm-up pen as he is in the show pen – he\’ll never let you down.
4. He\’s just one of those horses that catches everyone\’s eye, one that everyone wants to take home.
5. He\’s never moody, doesn\’t hold a grudge and loves his job.
6. He\’s a huge stopper, big turner and pretty mover.
7. He marks big and is easy to show.
8. He\’s a stud that doesn\’t know he\’s a stud.
9. As gritty as they come.
10. He marked a 217.5 in the first go of the Open Futurity.
What more could you ask for in a horse!
Jesse worked Ten lightly the night before showing. Ten doesn\’t take much prep.
He worked the stop up and down center.
Jesse was very happy with how Ten showed. With a 217.5 going into the second go, that puts him in good contention for the finals. Looking forward to Wednesday for his second run. I\’ll be a nervous wreck, but cheering as loud as I can!