We love bringing you the best of the West when it comes to authentically styled product. Trending that theme, Christmas is definitely coming early for someone.
We featured artist Paige Albrecht\’s handcrafted belts and cuffs in our Nov/Dec. Christmas Gift Guide. The photos were some of our most loved shots of the day, and we were so impressed with the quality of the product, we got together with Paige to collaborate a giveaway. As a result I\’m ecstatic to announce we are able to giveaway one of the belts* above to one lucky reader as a special Christmas gift.
There are four ways to enter this contest and you can enter it once in each venue, giving you four unique entries into the random bucket draw. Here they are:
1. Comment on this blog post for your first entry. Just let us know what your favorite Christmas activity involving horses happens to be.
2. Sometime in the next few days we\’ll post the photo above on the Western Horse Review Facebook page. Head on over there, LIKE the page, SHARE the photo with your friends, and COMMENT to let us know you\’ve shared.
3. Pin the post on your Pinterest page and include the comment Western Horse Review Christmas 2012 Giveaway in the comment box, so we can search it.
4. Tweet Western Horse Review Christmas 2012 Giveaway and include @westernhorserev in the tweet.
Contest closes Dec. 20 and winner announced Dec. 21 – just in time for an early Christmas present.
* each of Paige\’s belts are unique and individual pieces. Our giveaway belt may not be exactly as shown, and winner may have the option to design their own up in collaboration with Paige up to a value of $299. this festive Farmer\’s Market…
The Lane of Lights at Aspen Crossing in Mossleigh, AB, is beautiful. This display\’s grandeur is captivating enough for children and adults alike! It\’s free for everyone and if you would like to bring a canned food item, the good people there are accepting donations to the local food bank.
The hoarfrost around our ranch this year has been incredible. But that also means it\’s not wise to leave your halters on the fence…
Peanuts seems happy just chillin\’ out. He\’s always available for a photo-op!
Stay tuned! My Stable Life will be coming back at ya in the next couple weeks leading up to Christmas with some handmade gift ideas and more to put you in the spirit of the season!
gorgeous handcrafted belt by Paige Albrect. It\’s a good thing, as Martha would say. Loomis), USS Whiz (owned by St-Onge Reining Horses Inc.), Whiz Starbrite (owned by Amabile & Strusiner), Whizen Starlight (owned by Robert Peterson) and Whizzer Whiz (owned by Xtra Quarter Horses, LLC). Topsail Whiz’s official NRHA Offspring Earnings are $9,030,000.
Bob Loomis Reining Horses’ Topsail Whiz (Topsail Cody x Jeanie Whiz Bar by Cee Red) is an NRHA Hall of Famer who earned $49,865 in the NRHA show ring. His successes included an All American Quarter Horse Congress Junior Reining Championship, 1991 NRHA Lazy E Classic Open Championship, a third place finish in the 1990 NRHA Open Futurity, and a fourth place finish in the 1991 NRHA Derby. In 2009, the reining community mourned the loss of this great stallion when he was humanely euthanized at Loomis’ ranch in Marietta, Okla.