The Shootout is the largest added money NRHA-approved class in the world and is scheduled during the NRHA Futurity & Adequan® North American Affiliate Championship Show. In addition to crowning the Shootout champion, NRHA will honor the 2010 NRHA Open World Champion at the show in front of the largest live Reining audience in the world.
The $100,000 added Shootout is an “Open to the World” class where the top Open reining horses on the planet may compete in a dramatic showdown for the winner’s estimated purse of $30,000. In addition, the 2010 NRHA Open World Champion will be recognized and honored at the show – even though the World Champion and the Shootout winner may not be the same.
- Largest amount of added money for any NRHA any class (since 2007)
- Will honor the NRHA Open World Champion, along with rider and owner, in front of a live audience, even though the World Champion may not be the winner of the class
- Category 1 Top Ten Open class
- Held as a main ticketed event on Thursday, December 2
- Will pay $30,000 est.* to the winner (using NRHA schedule B)
- November 8 entry deadline = $1,500 entry fee ($100 Judges Fee and $20 Video Fee)
- Late payment due after November 8 until 5 p.m. prior to the go-round = $3,000 ($100 Judges Fee and $20 Video Fee)
- If more than 30 horses enter, show management reserves the right to hold a go-round and a final in order to make the evening ticketed performance possible
* Estimating 30 horses entered.
For more information on the NRHA Open World Championship Shootout, e-mail Melanie Rinehart at [email protected] or call (405) 946-7400. Rules regarding NRHA Year-End Awards can be found on page 70 of the 2010 NRHA Handbook.