The Horse Industry Association of Alberta is proud to present an annual award in recognition of an outstanding individual who has provided a significant contribution toward the continued development of the horse industry in the province. The Alberta Horse Industry Distinguished Service Award was first presented at the 2000 Horse Breeders & Owners Conference to Bill Collins. Since then the outstanding recipients have included: 2001 – Marg and Ron Southern; 2002 – Hans Hansma; 2003 – Joe Selinger,: 2004 – Bruce Roy; 2005 – Dave Robson; 2006 – Dr. David Reid; 2007 – John Scott; 2008 – Eldon Biernet & Peggy McDonald.
The award will be presented to the nominee that has had the greatest impact on the growth and development of the horse industry in Alberta in one or more of the following areas: breeding, manufacturing, facilities, organinzation, education, auction sales, export sales, training people and horses, or communication.
Anyone can provide a nomination , which must include:
– Nominee\’s name, mailing address, email address and phone number(s)
– Background information
– Contributions to the industry in the areas of entrepreneurship, leadership, education and other
– Description of how the Alberta Industry has benefited from the nominee\’s contribution
– Knowledge of the nominee throughout the industry
– Outline of the time-frame of the nominee\’s influence on the industry, including future potential
– Three letters of reference addressing the four areas of evaluation: significance of accomplishments (40%), public benefit (30%), industry credibility (20%), potential for continued contributions (10%)
The recipient will be recognized at the 29th Annual Alberta Horse Breeders and Owners Conference on January 15th in Red Deer.
Deadline for nominations is November 15th, 2010.
Contact the Horse Industry Association of Alberta for more information.